Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On a purely personal note...

.
Life is good.

1. Back in the summer I never thought this day would come. But today I scheduled the yearly payment for my long term care policy with funds from my regular checking account. No dipping into savings. I made enough this year to pay it proper.

2. Next month I'll complete the process of replacing the last of my baby teeth with an implant. Paid out of my pocket-again, no dipping into my savings.

3. I have two great clients for my marketing consulting business. I enjoy working with them and am thankful every day.

4. In a week I'll celebrate the 16 month anniversary of my last cigarette.

5. In the late spring I joined Planet Fitness. Mostly on a lark. But it was a good thing to do. In September when I added Yoga to my fitness regimen I was dismayed by the size of my tummy. It's hard to do inverted postures with a stomach that gets in the way. So I signed up at Livestrong.com to design and track a weight-loss program. Today I'm no longer obese and a little over a third of the way to my goal weight of 154.5 pounds. That's the heaviest I can be and still considered "normal". As if I could ever be considered normal.

6. Last week I used a Groupon-like offer and bought 12 visits at Body Business for $30.  Today I swam laps for the first time in 15 years. Then the best reward ever on a frosty day–a luxurious Steam Bath! Mmmmm...Toasty!

7. In November I took advantage of the City's no-interest financing, and the federal government rebate program, and got a new heating and air conditioning system for my house. I'm toasty.

Still no dancing partner. But none the less...

Life is Good!

Thanks to all who are kind enough to share the journey with me.
.

1 comment: