Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's the little celebrations that count

I bookmarked a post called 10 Things We All Celebrate Subconsciously. I agree with every one. But it got me thinking about what I celebrate. So here's my (incomplete, I hope) list of things which give me a little jolt of joy when the occur. In no particular order.

Turning on to my street and seeing a friend's car parked in front of my house. Oh boy company!

Waking up to a clean kitchen with a new gallon of milk in the fridge.

A pat on the back.

A full tank of gas.

A job well done.

Clean clothes all put away.

Saying YES! to a challenge.

A real letter in my mailbox.

Waking up to find my cat snuggled in next to me.

My outdoor shower on a moonlit night or a sunny day.

Clean sheets.

Perfect presents-giving or getting.

A scale model surprise.

When the trees start to bud out in the spring.

Moonlight coming through my bedroom window.

A phone call from a special friend I haven't spoken to in a while.

A wave from a stranger in a car I just let in line in front of me.

A stranger waving me into the line in front of them.

Comfy shoes.

Making a difference.

Complementing someone I don't even know and watching them smile.

Being able to name 100 countries in 10 minutes.

Giving joyfully.

A wonderful friend buying a house down the street.

Finding out that Sri Lanka used to be called Serendip.

New friends.

You!

Happy Easter!
--Shelly






No comments:

Post a Comment