Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shower 8 Point Oh!

.
Well, the Outdoor Shower has morphed again. If Apple can be on OS 10, the shower can grow to 8 Point Oh! First, in case you didn't get in on this earlier here's a two year old post for Shower 7 Point Oh!

Thanks to Richard, who's back in my life and we're both grateful for it, the shower no longer looks like a shanty. It now has lovely cedar picket walls, an additional 20-ish square feet and a reworked floor. And a new flower bed and stepped flower pot display box over some old plumbing.

Here are some pictures. Oh my Shower 8 Point Oh!

 This is the little box Richard built around the old exposed plumbing

Looking South, the outside of the shower with the new flower bed. On the left of the picture is the door into the laundry room

The new flower bed. One of my favorite parts. We planed two new flowering Jasmines. I'm looking forward to their lovely fragrance. YUM!

Richard "Grant Woods" Welch

This is the walk from the door of the laundry room to the shower door.

That's the shower door on the right. This is what you see if you look left after entering.

Turning right after entering is the "dry" area for changing. There's a ficus tree between the wet and dry areas. It's a very effective water block.

This is a cast iron water meter cover for New Orleans. I wanted to steal one while I was there but was forced to buy it instead. I love this thing. And what more appropriate place to display it?


This is taken from the dry end looking to the other side. The shower heads are on the left in the picture. This is a good view of the ficus which shields the dry area from water splatter.

Here's the door. Now you're done with your shower!

I had a blast being the shower construction helper. I screwed many screws and placed all the river rocks. The plants seem to be happy. I don't plan to shower inside again till October.

Come visit. Heck, I'll even provide a towel!
.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Michele- this is kind of like watching the transformation/s of the Lake whitney Cabin! When you get to 12.0 i am moving in (I already have bed linens for a queen size please). It is truly remarkable. I especially love the sewer cover and the stepped plant shelf! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete