Friday, February 25, 2011

Crosswalk Red Lights de-mystified

.
Ok friends. Have you been stumped by the proper procedure when coming to the new triple red lights that are popping up around Austin? There are two I know of, one on Lamar at the Triangle and one on Guadalupe near Wheatsville.

I've been at a loss as to what the law it about these lights. So, yesterday when I passed three motorcycle cops on Anderson parked in a parking lot I pulled in to ask.

Here's the skinny: If the light is solid red you must stop and stay stopped. When it starts to blink you must stop but then can proceed if there's no one in the crosswalk. Makes sense to me. Treat it as any other red light when it's solid and treat it like any blinking red light when it's blinking.

So if you're stopped in front of me and it goes from solid to blinking, if there's no one left crossing please get going. Waiting for the light to stop blinking when there's no on crossing the street drives me nutz.

This ends our traffic safety update.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment