Friday, April 24, 2009

Those little white lies

I'm sorry, I can't tonight.
I can't afford it.
Sure, I'm finished with that.
I was there, it was so crowded I didn't see you.
I wish I could...
It's their fault for not noticing.
I forgot.

The list goes on and on. Landmark Education has really opened my eyes to the small subtle ways I don't tell the truth. The value of my word is more important than the value of my house. Or so it should be. It's hard to care as much about and intangible like honesty as it is to care about a "thing".

But if all I really have is my word then it really is the most important thing I own. So, I'm more aware of what I say and what I promise. I want to be do what I say and be who I say I am.

I recently read this blog entry from Seth Godin: What you say, what you do and who you are. I think he nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment