Thursday, November 25, 2010

WorthMonkey could be invaluable

.
I have lots of stuff I'm thinking of selling. But I never know how much to charge. An accurate reckoning is especially important when you sell on craigslist as you set the price rather than letting competition do it as on an auction site.

One way to find out what something is going for is to sign in to eBay and do an advanced search. In that screen you can choose "completed listings". That gives you a history of what the item sold for in the past.

But here's a new twist: WorthMonkey. This site's still in beta. I just tried it out using my Celestron Nexstar 5. I just put it's name in the box on the home page screen,


and here's my result.


I then went to eBay and these seem a little high but pretty in line. Since the site is new their database is not very large. But that will only change with time. This could be a great resource. I'm definitely going to bookmark it. 

Thanks, as always, go to bookofjoe for the reference.

...and if you want to buy my telescope let me know.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment