Sunday, November 2, 2008

San Francisco #5- City sights


This is my first Archecture…ah…Archicture…ahem…architecture installment. Every time I looked up there was another wonderful shot.

This one is about the first thing I saw walking north up Montgomery toward Market. I was tickled by those little little starbursts coming out of the roof. I envisioned Tinkerbell alighting on one.

I am a certified TOURIST. I love tours. I left the Palace w/ my camera and set off. The Palace is in San Francisco’s financial district. Market is the big cross street. I walked all over with no plan and no map. I did do to a bit of Geocaching.

Geocaching taught me to see what I was looking at. And photography has just honed that. Now I see little frames around interesting sights as if through the view-finder on a camera.




The older buildings have such ornate styling. I loved the carvings and the repeating shapes. And against the very blue sky the crispness of the roof lines and angles enchanted me.



This sign is so funny.



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment